Friday, May 16, 2014

Blog #4

This next post is going to be about an experience that made me really really happy. It was during the year 2011. It was my first surfing competition. I was scared out of my mind. My mom, brother, sister, and myself woke up around 4 o'clock in the morning to get ready. We packed all the surf boards on the truck. We brought pillows and blankets so we can sleep on the way there. We were heading to Waikiki. When we got there, we ate McDonald's for breakfast. My mom told me not to eat a lot because I might get a sore stomach when I'm out there. My 1st heat was at 9:30 a.m. I took a nap for a good 1 hour and a half. I woke up, and stretched so i can get my muscles warmed up. Then I grabbed my board and started to paddle out. There was at least 5-6 different girls out there. We would wear different color rash guard so the judges know who is who. The horn blew, that was the signal to go. I caught the first wave, it was nice. I think I did better than the other girls ^_^ After my heat was done, me and my mom were listening to who was the winner. And I ended up coming in 1st place. I was super happy. I made it to finals..Then when finals came, I took 3rd. That is my experience that made me really really happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment